= Zoom in
= Zoom out
The first residence was built in 1000 by Notger (940-1008), first Prince-Bishop
of Liège. During the following centuries the palace was destroyed and rebuilt several times.
The current palace was built in 1536, with the south wing rebuilt in 1734 after it was destroyed by fire.
In 1849 a major restoration of the building took place.
The bishopric was dissolved in 1795 during the French Revolution, and the palace is currently used
by the Provincial Government and as a Law Court.